Friday, November 27, 2009

Blog Legend for the masses.

The Explorer in various passing conversations and posts makes use of certain terms that the lay populace have difficulty understanding. Today's post is a legend for all of you readers who've often found yourselves confused when encountered with such concocted terms.


  • A.Q - Awesomeness Quotient

  • Read this up.

  • H.Q - Heat Quotient

  • This, my friends refers to the very shallow (yet very important) physical aspect of the human form. More often than not, this shall be used in conjunction with the female of the species as the Explorer is not a poof.

  • I.Q - Indifference Quotient (and NOT Intelligence Quotient)

  • Most of my readers must have grown up knowing that I.Q stands for an Intelligence Quotient. But since you're dealing with the Explorer, things work differently. The Explorer modestly states that he has one of the highest I.Q's in the world (whichever expansion of the term I.Q you may consider). Indifference is what makes the Explorer unique.

  • P.D - Pradyumna Pathrabe (and NOT Pen Drive)

  • This one is obtuse, I agree, but what with most people calling a Universal Serial Bus Flash Memory Portable Device a.k.a Pen Drive, a P.D, which I must say, irritates me beyond comprehension. When things have short names, they aren't supposed to be made any shorter. Apologies for the digression though, point being made is, the Explorer shall never refer to a Universal Serial Bus Flash Memory Portable Device as a P.D. Whenever he shall make use of those two alphabets together, it shall be in reference in particular to one of the many friends the Explorer has.

    Any other jargon/mindfuck/mind-boggle/help-me-I-need-a-new-dictionary terms you might face, and when JFGI #FAIL, please feel free to have a chat with the Explorer.
    Peace.

No comments: