Wednesday, May 7, 2008

United pour la vie!

As I lie on my bed, wondering what worse can happen, what further doubts do i have to entertain? How long will this tension last? How do i come out of this?

I can completely forgive you for thinking that these here lines were spoken by some cranky old whore in the dirtiest street in Eastern Europe. But, in fact these were the exact same thoughts that I had as I saw Chelsea win against Newcastle with relative ease and poise.
The premiership is now finely balanced with everything to play for on the very last day.
Here I quote some arbit dude from one of my friends orkut list and he says "Mann.....isn't it amazing that United are playing on Sunday at 7.30 and so are Chelsea, great co-incidence...this is going to be fantastic to watch....switching between channels with the excitement at a max!!!"
All I can say to this is that this dude sure hasn't watched the last day of the Premiership for a long long time. I say this because, for reasons related to the Integrity and Honesty of the league, the F.A always has conducted the fixtures on the last day at the same time. All matches kick off simultaneously on the final day of the season to avoid any match fixing scandals.
This is the breed of fans we're getting nowadays and I guess this will continue for some time to come.
I believe that we should let results speak for themselves. I rest my case till the 22nd of May.
That is when you'll really know how this season shaped out.
Moscow is where all eyes will be on the 21st of May, but come the 11th, all eyes will surely be on the JJB stadium because the title is United's for the taking.

There's only one United.
P.S: I had a very important exam the day after the Barca Vs United fixture and I'd run the risk by staying up to watch the entire match, unlike most of my friends, if i may add. One of my friends asked me after the test whether it was so important to watch the match, and I told her, it was even more important than the test itself. All the United fans will know, it truly is.

No comments: