Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pwnage

Thanks to evolution and certain unexplainable biological circumstances, I have a huge cranium not ala Mojo Jojo despite some people being clearly biased towards that theory. I personally prefer Atom Ant. Thanks to this, absolute mental inactivity is my bane. With my uncivilized and unearthly living habits, and severe lack of appropriate stimulus (read coding, reading proper books and the like), I have been extremely testy(pun not intended). None of this though being as detrimental to my mental well-being as my increased social activity. Somewhere between the two hemispheres of my cerebrum, I'm probably wired to be unable to mix mental and social activity. And since I'm pretty clear where MY priorities lie, looks like society's got to do without me for quite some time now.
All the inertia and lethargy led to me looking for more and more activities that could be performed from within the confines of a chair in front of a desktop computer. My musical tastes have been decidedly flexible(not generous) and I've been listening to a lot of different stuff of late. But a quick browse through some of the stuff I've always had and never realised it's worth(all thanks to inactivity) was all I needed to stir me right back up.
Whoever thought Symphony and Heavy Metal shouldn't mix should hear Metallica & The San Francisco Symphony making heavenly music. Jimmy Page and his insane solos, Mustaine's raw aggression, G3 live, Joe Satriani, Mike Portnoy, John Petrucci, Mikael Akerfeldt, Angus Young, Brian Johnson and here I trail off because the list is long. Point being, there's something about their music that stirs your brain into action. Don't believe me? Try sitting still through Lars double bassing his ass off on One, Page riffing his fingers raw on Stairway to Heaven, Cliff Burton playing mind-boggling bass on For whom the bell tolls and Battery. You'll know what I mean.

No comments: