Sunday, January 3, 2010

What the Luck?


Inquisitiveness has been the only constant factor amidst the multitude of changes I have undergone in the process of "growing-up" (a process still in it's infancy if I may add). Inquisitiveness coupled with a respectably large appetite for books or stuff to read in general and then further coupled with an inborn need to think things over irrespective of the theories/facts in support/opposition. This unholy threesome was further allowed to burgeon by my parents who never took offence though I (by my own admission) asked way too many questions to be allowed. What with education and science and some more reading, this eventually led to me being decidedly rational and at one point, rigid enough to be an Atheist.

The above brief yet succint explanation serves the purpose of portraying me as a practical, scientific human being. Thanks to me being of a previously-explained bent of mind, I have never set store by any superstitions and have not believed in luck. But then, when things are going your way, you hardly want to attribute it to anything but your own undeniable awesomeness. It's when things start going haywire or remarkedly tangential to your interests that you find cause for reflection.

Things(read shit) happened in the year gone past, one time too many to pass it off as exception. And as the frequency of occurrence of shit increased, it led to a strategic timeout on my side to re-think my position on luck and the various parameters/factors affecting and/or controlling it. As shown in the figure above, the transition in the shit-time continuum was linearly disastrous for my social, personal and professional life. Hence, after serious deliberation and rumination, I decided to call it a truce with luck.

What made me change my stance is a list of things. Most important being:-


  • Luck is subjective. You cannot predict it's behavior.

  • If you don't try to please luck, luck will give it to you (in the ass).

  • You don't believe in luck. OK. Someone else does. He/She is going to get lucky.

  • Most importantly, even if you don't believe in luck, it works.(Neils Bohr shall always be GOD)



So, in order to return peace and joy to my multi-faceted existence and also (very importantly) to the shit-time continuum, I have decided to be zen about the various shortcomings I had previously noticed in the life-luck theory. This, I sincerely hope, shall lead to a much better year in terms of the luck versus shit balance and result in me being awesomer than I already am.
Aaah, WTFness shall soon cease to exist.
Peace.

P.S : Lindsay Lohan despite her immense HQ tried to affect the shit-time continuum in a seriously lame movie which I remember watching years ago. But as LUCK would have it, she was no where near as awesome as I am and hence, her shit-time continuum resembles the graph of x=0.(go figure)

P.P.S: For people with a non-scientific background, when I say her graph resembles the graph of x=0, I mean the Y axis, which in turn means that her life is independent of time. Shit is now a constancy in it. (which has been proved AND is readily verifiable).

P.P.P.S: For the total retrogrades, the title is a take on the extremely popular acronym WTF which stands for What the Fuck?

No comments: